- 4 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- chopped chives (opt.)
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water on the stove for 45 minutes, or until very soft when poked with a fork.
- Drain the water off the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a metal pot or bowl.
- Add in the mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and chives.
- Blend with a hand mixer on high for a couple of minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in a bit of soymilk or water if needed for a more moist consistency.